A Wealth of Teaching Experience...
As a member of Norton Radstock JKA Karate Club you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- All members must observe the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Members shall keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their Instructor or if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit - a clean karate gi or loose fitting tracksuit.
- Members must pay any fees for membership, training or events promptly.
- Members must have a valid JKA England licence
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions. Senior members should adhere to any smoking policy in force.
- Members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises.
- Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated at any time.
- Karate must not be used outside the dojo, unless to defend oneself, family or friends against an unprovoked attack or to support law and order.
Etiquette in the Dojo
- Always bow on entering and leaving the dojo.
- Junior grades must first bow to their seniors.
- Instructors should be referred to as SENSEI and NOT their name.
- Jewellery or watches must NOT be worn. If it is not possible to remove rings or earrings, they should be safely covered (e.g. with a plaster - this ensures the student and other partnering students are not scratched or injured).
- Gis shall be clean, white and free from rips or tears, so as to avoid injury. Sleeves shall be rolled down whilst doing any form of kumite.
- Late arrivals should enter the dojo quietly, change and warm up away from the main class. When they wish to join in the class, they MUST kneel to the front or the side of the class where they can be clearly seen by the sensei. Watch carefully for his signal to join in. When this is given, first bow, and then walk around to the back of the class until it is convenient and in a position appropriate to their grade.
- Any behaviour that is likely to offend the etiquette of the dojo will not be tolerated (e.g. swearing, bad language, gestures etc). ·
- Please ensure that all mobile phones are switched OFF before entering the dojo.
- Please ensure parents and family members, friends and other spectators respect this code by being silent at all times when in the dojo.
Regular gradings are held at:
Wells Sport and Fitness
Some of our grading examiners are:
- Sensei Ohta 7th Dan JKA, Chief Instructor of the JKAE
- Sensei Ismail 6th Dan JKA
- Sensei Morgan 5th Dan JKA
Training Times are generally:
10.30 to 12.00 - Black and Brown Belts
12.00 to 13.00 - White to Purple and White Belts
Grading from 14.00 onwards.
To be eligible to grade, you must have a valid JKAE licence and have the approval of the club instructor.
If you are unsure of these requirements, ask the Instructors.
Will all members please make your own travel arrangements; again ask the Instructors for directions if you are unsure.
Norton Radstock JKA Karate Club is committed to the fair treatment of its instructors, members and potential members, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical/mental disability or offending background
Norton Radstock JKA Karate Club is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children in order for them to benefit and enjoy all the activities that the Club has to offer.
In accordance with the terms and conditions of the JKAE child protection policy, Norton Radstock JKA Karate club is committed to:
- Recognising that all children have the right to freedom from abuse.
- Ensuring that instructors and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse and providing parents/carers and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have.
- Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to key contacts and the appropriate external authority.
- Ensure that contact details are up to date and available
All content ©Norton Radstock JKA Karate Club